mary berry recipe for dauphinoise potatoes
Potato Gratin is a comforting side dish that can be used for special occasions and doesn’t require fancy ingredients.
Basic ingredients for mary berry recipe for dauphinoise potatoes
- 2 1/4 pounds (1kg) starchy potatoes
- 1 garlic clove (unpeeled)
- 1 1/4 cup (325g) cream, 35% butter 1/4 tsp (1g), black pepper 1 1/2 teaspoon (7g) salt
- 1 slice 1 tbsp(14g) butter
- 1 cup (100g), sharp Cheddar cheese (or Gruyere), grated
How to make mary berry recipe for dauphinoise potatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C). Peel and rinse the potatoes. Pat dry with a paper towel. Now Use a mandoline to cut the potatoes into 1/8 inch (3mm), slices.
- Slice the onion into thin rings or strips and then cut the unpeeled garlic. Use the chopped garlic to rub a 9-inch (23cm), skillet, or casserole dish and butter the sides and bottom.
- Mix cream, nutmeg, and black pepper in a bowl. 4. Place 1/3 of the sliced potatoes in the skillet. 1/3 cup cheese, 1/3 cup fresh thyme, and 1/3 cream mixture should be added to the prepared skillet.
- Spread 1/3 of the sliced potatoes, 1/3 of onion rings, 1/3 cup cheese, and 1/3 cream mixture. 6. Continue to slice the potatoes and add the cream mixture. Spread the remaining 1/3 cup cheese.
- Now Bake for 60-70 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden.
- Allow the gratin to rest for 10 minutes before you serve it.