mary berry recipe for bread sauce
Basic ingredients for mary berry recipe for bread sauce
- 1 lt milk,
- 1 nutmeg,
- 1/2 whole,
- 1/2 grated
- 10 cloves
- 2 red onions
- 2 bay leaves 250g breadcrumbs
- 30g butter
- 1 dollop of double cream
How to make mary berry recipe for bread sauce
- Cut the onions in half, then stud with cloves.
- Add milk, nutmeg, and onion to a saucepan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then let cool. Allow infusing for 3-4 hours in a warm location.
- The liquid can be strained later.
- Mix breadcrumbs and strained milk together, then add 3/4 cup butter. 6. Place sauce over low heat.
- Stir occasionally until breadcrumbs expand and sauce thickens.
- Stir in the cream after removing from the heat.
- Place in a bowl. Keep warm until serving