mary berry raspberry trifle recipe
This year, Trifle will be on more Christmas tables than Christmas pudding in the UK. It is a timeless classic that has a rich history dating back to Tudor times as well as King Henry VIII. It’s the ultimate comfort food. I made it for Prince William and Harry, as well as The Queen and her guests during the holidays. Every home cook thinks they have the best trifle recipe… here’s mine. Strawberry jam sponge soaked in Drambuie syrup. The syrup is then topped with blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. Finally, the sponge is covered with vanilla bean egg custard. Finally, top with whipped cream and sprinkled on grated chocolate.
Basic ingredients for mary berry raspberry trifle recipe
- 1 Sara lee all butter pound cake (10.75oz)
- Half a 12-ounce raspberry jam
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup granulated Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups of Water
- 4 tbs sherry (optional).
- For the custard: 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 eggs yolks
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- For the topping: 1 1/4 cups heavy whip cream (whipped until soft peak)
- 1 Cadburys Chocolate flake (or 2oz milk chocolate)
- 1/4 cup toasted flaked nuts
How to make mary berry raspberry trifle recipe
- First of all, Slice the pound cake into 3/4-inch slices, and sandwich the jam. Layer the layers in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the raspberries. Now To make syrup, boil the sugar and water in a small saucepan for 5 minutes.
- Pour the syrup over the sponge and add the sherry, if desired. In a large saucepan, bring 1-pint of heavy cream to boil. While the heavy cream is heating, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar with vanilla, cornstarch, and vanilla in a small bowl.
- The boiling cream should be poured over the egg mixture and returned to the saucepan. Mix the cream on low heat until it starts to thicken. Do not overcook.
- Allow the sponge to cool down slightly after being removed from the heat. The trifle should be refrigerated until the custard is set. Spread the custard on top with whipped cream. Decorate the custard with the chocolate flake, grated chocolate, and almonds.