raised chicken and pork pie
Basic ingredients for raised chicken and pork pie
- 2 carrots,
- 1 russet tater diced,
- 1 stalk celery diced,
- 1/2 yellow onion diced,
- 1 garlic clove diced,
- minced 1 (10.5oz) can cream chicken soup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 large chicken breast, chopped
- For the Crust: 2 (3.4 Oz) sacks of pork rinds
- 2 TSP baking powder
- 2 TSP sugar
- 1/2 tsp pepper Sprinkle with salt
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tbsp hot water
How to make raised chicken and pork pie
- Add the potato and carrots to a saucepan. Add enough water to cover the vegetables. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender.
- While the celery, onion, and garlic are boiling, heat the butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Cook the celery, onion, and garlic until tender. Stir occasionally. Drain the potatoes from any excess water. Mix the celery mixture with the potatoes.
- Mix the celery mixture with the potatoes. Add the chicken soup and water.
- Mix in the chicken. Now simmer for a few minutes until it is hot.
- Pour the mixture into the crust. Top with crust. After this, Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- For the Crust: Run the pork rinds through a food processor or crush them until they are finely ground. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Add the flour, baking powder, sugar, and pepper to the bowl. Add enough water to form a soft dough that can be held together. For the desired consistency, you may need to add flour or more water.
- Roll out the dough onto a floured surface. Cut out top and bottom crusts to your desired sizes, depending on the dish.
- Lightly grease the dish, then place the dough on it and press the sides together.