mary berry raised chicken and bacon pie
Basic ingredients for mary berry raised chicken and bacon pie
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1.5kg Macro-free range chicken thigh fillets Cut into 3cm pieces
- 1/4 cup Woolworths Choose Spanish classic olive oil
- 350g Woolworths
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Chop 500ml Woolworths Gold liquid poultry stock in 1/2 cup of water
- 2 cups Woolworths Select frozen Peas
- 4 tablespoons Woolworths Sour Cream
- 2 sheets puff pastry 1 Woolworths
How to make mary berry raised chicken and bacon pie
- Heat oven to 200C. Place flour in a large rectangular dish. Season Toss chicken with oil. Now In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil on high heat. In batches, cook the chicken until it is golden.
- Transfer to a plate. After this, In the same pan, heat the remaining oil. Add bacon, leek, and rosemary.
- Stir for 5 minutes, or until the leek becomes soft. Add the chicken, stock, and water to the pan.
- Bring to a boil. Now Reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked. Add the peas, and sour cream, and stir. Season.
- In a large oven-proof casserole (28 cm), add the chicken filling. One piece of pastry should be cut into strips. Place them on the baking dish’s edges and brush with egg mixture. The remaining pastry sheet should be rolled between two sheets of baking parchment to form a rectangle approximately 1 cm in width and length. Place the pastry on top of the chicken mixture and pinch the edges to prevent any spillage. Brush the pastry with egg.
- Now Bake for 30 minutes, or until pastry is crisp and golden.
- Tips: Mix some English mustard into the chicken, then coat in flour. This will add flavor and heat.
- When making the stock, add 1 cup of chopped vegetables or a handful of kale leaves or spinach leaves.
- To heat it through in the oven, add 15 minute.