mary berry pulled pork recipe
This simple Pulled Pork recipe uses pork shoulder (or butt), pantry seasonings, and coke to tenderize and add sweetness.
Basic ingredients for mary berry pulled pork recipe
- 4 lb pork shoulder, or butt (2.2kg)
- 2 Tablespoons oil (30ml),
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar (15g),
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (8g),
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (23.3g),
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (33.3g),
- 1 teaspoon cumin (2g),
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (5.5g),
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (2.3g),
- 12 ounces coke (not die) 355ml bbq sauce to coat meat optional
How to make mary berry pulled pork recipe
- Cut the pork into four pieces and trim excess fat. Mix spices together in a small bowl. Rub all over pork. Now This can also be done the night prior. Sear (optional). Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Now Sear the meat for a few seconds on each side.
- Oven Method: Heat oven to 300°F. Add coke to the Dutch oven pot. Cook for 3 hours. Cover the pot with a lid. Now Cook for another 1-2 hours until pork is tender. Take out of the oven and shred the meat. Toss in barbecue sauce, if desired.
- Slow Cooker Method: Place pork into a slow cooker. Pour coke around it. After this, Cook on LOW for 8 hours (recommended), or high for 4-5 hrs, until pork is tender.
- Instant Pot Method: Place the pork in an instant pot, and then pour coke all over it. Cook at High Pressure/Manual for 70 minutes. Allow the pot to release naturally when the timer goes off.