prawn linguine recipe
My version of classic Sicilian pasta is quick and easy King Prawn Chilli Garlic Linguine. It’s quick and delicious. The plump king shrimps go well with the heat of the chilies and the zesty lemons. My version has smoked bacon, which I think works well and adds a nice flavor to the dish. Now You can use spaghetti or any other pasta instead of linguine. Gremolata is also added at the end, instead of only chopped parsley.
This flavor powerhouse of chopped Parsley, lemon zest, and garlic gives the dish a powerful boost! Gremolata is my favorite 🙂
Basic Ingredients for prawn linguine recipe
- 200g Linguine (Or your favorite pasta)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 100g finely chopped smoked bacon (Optional).
- ) 1 red chili – finely chopped
- Finely chop 3 garlic cloves
- 200g raw peeled King Prawns
- 3 tablespoons starchy pasta water Juice
- 1 lemon Knob butter
- Salt and pepper Gremolata – zest of
- 1 lemon, handful of fresh parsley
- 1 Garlic clove – finely chopped and mixed.
How to make prawn linguine recipe
- In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, add the linguine. Now Cook the linguine according to the instructions on your pack. After the linguine is done, drain it and reserve three tablespoons of pasta water.
- Place the olive oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Fry the onion, bacon, and chili gently until they are lightly colored (3-4 min).
- Add the prawns and garlic. Now Cook the prawns for 3-4 minutes, or until they are tender.
- To the prawns, add cooked linguine and reserved pasta water. Combine well.
- Salt, pepper, gremolata, and lemon juice should be added to the saucepan. Stir until the sauce coats all of the linguine.