pot roast chicken
Basic ingredients for pot roast chicken
- 4-5 Potatoes,
- quartered 2 lb chicken thighs and legs, bone-in and skin on one large onion, cut into large chunks
- 5-6 tablespoons olive oil,
- divided 5-6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano fresh Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt OR to taste
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
How to make pot roast chicken
- Mix all spices and olive oil in a large bowl. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Add chicken to the bowl. Marinate the chicken in the bowl for at least one hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F (220°C). Prepare a large baking sheet or pan. Set aside.
- Cut potatoes into quarters. Combine the potatoes in a bowl. Add salt, rosemary, and olive oil. Toss everything together.
- Place the potatoes in a pan. Add the marinated chicken, whole garlic cloves (with peel), onion chunks, and a few rosemary branches. 5. Roast the chicken and potatoes for approximately 1 hour.