mary berry polish babka cake
Basic ingredients for mary berry polish babka cake
- 1 Pkg Fast-acting dry yeast yeast
- 2 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1/4 LB softened butter
- 1/2 cup scalded (cooled) milk
- 1 TB sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Cup fruit: dark and light raisins (1/2 cup), candied pineapple, mixed asst.
How to make mary berry polish babka cake
- In a sauce dish, sprinkle yeast on top of warm water.
- Let cool the milk in a saucepan. Mix milk, yeast, 1TB sugar, eggs vanilla, and combine in a large beater bowl. Beat on low until smooth.
- Mix 1/2 cup flour with the rest of the flour. Beat on medium till smooth. Gradually add the flour and continue beating. Beat till well blended.
- Now put the dough in a large, well-oiled bowl.
- After this, Place in a warm oven or at room temperature.
- Allow rising for 1/2 to one hour. Let rise for about 1/2 to 1 hour. Continue rising until the dough doubles.
- Prepare 1 cup of fruit. Add the pineapple and raisins to boiling water. Drain and remove any stems. Reduce large chunks. Lay flat on a towel. Add a little flour to the mixture.
- Prepare 1 large bundt baking pan. Butter well. Flour well. Flour should be well mixed. Add sugar to the bottom and sides.
- Mix the dough in a bowl. Beat on low. (About 3 minutes)
- Mix sugar (1/4 cup plus 1TB), salt, and butter (cut into 1/4″ slices).
- Mix on medium to very elastic until the dough comes off the beater easily. Note: The white beater (not the dough hook) is preferred.
- Sprinkle the fruit. Remember You may need to use a dough hook or your fingers to evenly incorporate the fruit.
- Let the dough rise in the prepared bundt pan and allow it to fill up almost all of the pan.
- Bake at 340°F until golden brown and the steel pick is clean.
- Placing plastic wrap covered with a kitchen towel on a soft pillow.
- To cool, gently turn the cake onto the pillow.