plum tarte tan
Our royal Plum Tarte Tan recipe is rich in flavor and warming.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 50g unsalted butter, chopped 8 x Queen Garnet Plums, cut in halves Pouring cream, to eat
How to make plum tarte tan
- Pre-heat oven to 190oC Place the pastry sheets on top of one another, and press gently to join. This will create a 5mm-thick pastry.
- Use a plate to guide you. Cut a 23cm circle from the pastry. Set aside.
- Now Over low heat, place the sugar and water in an ovenproof 20cm-round pan.
- Stir until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil on medium heat.
- After this, Cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the mixture is lightly golden. Stir in the butter until it is melted.
- Place the cut side up in the mixture. To tuck the plums in, wrap the pastry around the plum.
- Make three small cuts in the middle of the pastry using a sharp knife. Bake the pan for 35 minutes, or until it is puffy and golden. Let cool. Remove the tart by slicing the edges with a knife. Enjoy warm with a dollop cream