plum tart tatin
Simple, delicious, and easy 5 ingredient Plum Tarte Tatin recipe by Mary berry
Basic ingredients for plum tart tatin
- 600g ripe mixed color plums
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 120 ml maple syrup
- A 320g sheet of butter puff pastry
- 6 large scoops of vanilla ice cream, or your favorite flavor.
How to make plum tart tatin
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Halve the plums and take out any stones.
- Place the plums in a nonstick, 12-inch ovenproof pan.
- Heat pan on medium heat. Add 30ml water and cook for one minute.
- Place the pastry sheet on top of the plums. Using a wooden spoon, push the pastry into the edges. Bake for 16 minutes until the pastry is puffy and golden.
- Let cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Then, transfer the tart onto a larger pan or plate than the one it was baked in.
- Use gloves or towels to help lift the tart. We used salted vanilla caramel ice cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon and garnish with mint sprigs. Mary berry recipe calls for vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of olive oils. We used Salted Caramel Vanilla, and we skipped the OO – Amazing results! Recommended for Skinny!