plum chutney recipe
Spiced plum chutney recipe. This delicious chutney makes a great Christmas gift.
Basic ingredients for plum chutney recipe
- 1 kg plum, halved and stoned.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 100g raisins, or sultanas
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100ml red wines
- 50ml red wines
- 350g light muscovado Sugar
How to make plum chutney recipe
- Combine all ingredients except for the sugar in a large saucepan. Stir well. Bring to a boil. Once the plums have become tender, reduce heat and cover the pan.
- Add the sugar and 2 teaspoons of salt to the saucepan. Stir until everything is dissolved. Boil the chutney covered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally to keep it from sticking to the bottom.
- Once it becomes thick and pulpy, cover it with a lid. Put the chutney in sterilized jars and let it cool for at least two weeks before you eat.
- Now Keeps for up to 6 months in a cool, dark place.