mary berry plum and marzipan upside down cake
Basic ingredients for mary berry plum and marzipan upside down cake
- 1/2 Cupcake for
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 TBSP butter (room temp)
- 2 ea egg whites (room temp)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup- of sour milk (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla
How to make mary berry plum and marzipan upside down cake
- First of all, Use a whisk to combine the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Use a hand mixer to cream 6 tbsp butter. Mix in the sugar until it forms a crumble.
- Add the egg whites, and mix on high until it becomes creamy. Mix in the vanilla and sour cream. You will see a batter form when you add the dry ingredients to the mixer at medium speed.
- Mix in the buttermilk until you have a smooth and creamy batter. Spread the batter over the fruit mixture and smoothen the surface using a spatula. Now Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45-50 minutes depending on the oven. To ensure that the cake is done, I used the toothpick technique.
- Allow cooling for between 35-and 40 minutes. Place a serving plate on top of your cake. Invert the cake so that the filling is on the top. To reveal the topping, gently lift the pie plate. Now Allow the pie to cool for 20 minutes more so that your filling does not become runny.