This piccalilli recipe makes a wonderful little addition to your refrigerator with Christmas right around the corner. This recipe is great with cold turkey or ham. It can even take any type of cold meat or cheese plate. This fridge will make you smile over the holiday season.
Basic ingredients for piccalilli recipe
- 1 green apple
- 1/2 lemon Juice of half of a cauliflower
- 1 onion roughly diced
- 1/2 celeriac peel and diced
- 1 large carrot peeled, diced 5% of vegetable weight in sea salt (My vegetables were 750g, so I used
- 35g salt.
How to make piccalilli recipe
- Mix the salt and vegetable, then cover and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours. 600ml (2.25 cups) apple vinegar 200g granulated Sugar Gently bring the vinegar and sugar to a boil. Slowly heat the sugar and stir continuously.
- Otherwise, it will burn. 25g (2 heaped tablespoons) English mustard powder 10g (3 teaspoons) Ginger powder 5g (2 teaspoons) Coriander seeds (ground or powder) and 2 tsp turmeric powder. The vinegar and sugar solution will help to hydrate the spices, making it easier to mix them.
- Mix the spice and vinegar slurry with the sugar and remaining vinegar. Mix well. Return to the boil and add 30g cornflour, which has been added with 1 tablespoon of cold water. Mix until the sauce thickens. Mix the sauce with the vegetables and then transfer to a clean container. The sauce will keep in the refrigerator for at least 3 weeks.
- It may last longer. You will need to scan the product properly if you want to extend its shelf life or store it outside the fridge. This piccalilli recipe is quick and easy! It’s great cold out of the fridge with cold meats, cheeses, and even pork pies!