peppermint cream recipe
These peppermint creams are very simple to make. This peppermint cream is a great after-dinner treat, or to decorate choc mint cupcakes.
Basic ingredients for peppermint cream recipe
- 2 egg whites. At room temperature,
- 5-7 cups powdered sugar. Sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint flavoring 200g (7 oz)
- Plastic wrap, round cutter
How to make peppermint cream recipe
- First of all, In an electric mixer, beat the egg whites to frothy.
- Mix the powdered sugar with the peppermint extract. Now Use an electric mixer to combine the ingredients. You may need to add another cup of powdered sugar, depending on how big your eggs are. Slowly add more icing sugar to make the dough less sticky.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and mix it until well combined.
- Now roll the dough flat with a rolling pin until it is 1 cm (1 1/2 inch) thick. Before cutting the peppermint creams, wrap the dough in plastic wrap.
- Use a circular cutter to cut circles. After this, Place them on a tray covered with nonstick baking paper. Let dry overnight.
- Place the chocolate in a double boiler, or on top of a saucepan with simmering water. Once it has cooled a bit but not set, dip each peppermint cake halfway. Place the chocolate on nonstick baking paper again until it has set. Use tip 2 to decorate the melted chocolate as a hashtag symbol and baymax. Sprinkle peppermint creams on top. Allow setting. This makes approximately 40 peppermint creams.