mary berry parkin cake
Basic ingredients for mary berry parkin cake
- 1/2 lb coarse oatmeal
- 1 pound cooking sugar
- 1 pound all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 lbs molasses
- 1 pound baking powder
- 1 pound milk to stiffen (1/4 – 1/2 cup).
How to make mary berry parkin cake
- Combine well and bake in a slow oven in a dripping pan.
- Preheat oven at 325°F. Blend the lard and sugar until it is fluffy. Cream molasses into lard.
- Mix molasses and eggs in a bowl. Mix lemon juice and lard mixture.
- Mix oatmeal into lard mixture. Mix the dry ingredients: add flour, ginger, spice, and baking powder.
- Mix flour and milk. Now Bake for one hour or until a cake tester comes out with moist crumbs.