mary berry osso buco recipe
Ossobuco, a popular Italian dish, is well-known. Ossobuco is a popular Italian dish that tourists from all over the world order. It can be made from beef shanks or veal with marrow bone, or hollow bones with bone marrow. Ossobuco, an Italian word that means “a bone with holes”, comes from Italian. This is the perfect dish to serve as a holiday or family meal.
Basic ingredients for mary berry osso buco recipe
- Beef shank (ossobuco) 4 lb/2 kg
- carrot 10 oz/300 g
- celery 3 stalks
- chopped tomatoes 2 cup /500ml
- wine 3 cup /800ml
- white oil 3/4 cup /200ml
- olive 3 cup /300ml
- white wine 3 cup /800ml
- red wine 3 cup /400ml
- beef broth 3 cup /800ml
- white 2 oz/30g
- wheat flour 2 tbsp
- 2 bay leaves garlic
- 5 cloves
- rosemary 2 sprigs
- ground nutmeg 1/4 tsp
- 5 allspice berries
- 10 black peppercorns
- ground black pepper1,5 tsp
- salt 3 tsp
How tto make mary berry osso buco recipe
- It is best to use veal shanks or beef shanks weighing between 400 and 600 g each for ossobuco.
- Each piece of beef should be wrapped in cooking string. Season each one with 1 tsp salt, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, and flour.
- Place the meat in a pan and heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Fry the meat on both sides for 3 minutes each.
- Place the meat in a bowl.
- Place 30g butter and finely chopped onion in a pan. Fry for 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir fry the celery, carrots, and garlic for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Stir in the white wine and vegetables. Let it simmer for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Stir in the beef broth, and chopped tomatoes and mix well.
- Then add 2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, rosemary sprigs, and bay leaves, and stir. Bring to a boil.
- Place the fried meat in a saucepan. Pour the vegetable sauce over the meat. Add allspice berries, and black peppercorns, and close the lid.
- Place the saucepan in the oven at 180°C. Cook for 2 hours.
- As a main dish, serve Osso Buco with polenta or risotto and mashed potatoes.