orange sauce for duck
Basic ingredients for orange sauce for duck
- 200g duck breast
- 1 orange
- 80 milliliters of red wine vinegar
- 40g butter
- 30g sugar
- 15gms honey
- 27gl brandy
- 1 shallot chili powder
How to make orange sauce for duck
- Finely chop a shallot for the orange sauce.
- Heat 20g of butter in a saucepan on medium heat. After this, the butter is melted, add the shallots to the pan and bake them until golden brown. Add 30 grams of sugar to the mixture and mix it all.
- After the sugar has melted, add 15 milliliters of honey.
- Add 80 milliliters of red wine vinegar. To reduce the vinegar’s flavor, boil the sauce.
- Mix 27 milliliters of brandy with the water and stir.
- You can grate the whole orange peel.
- To the sauce, add the juice from one orange and the orange peel.
- Next, add a pinch of salt and chili powder.
- Next, prepare the duck. Five incisions should be made into the skin of the duck.
- A frying pan with a little olive oil and medium heat is the best way to bake the duck breast.
- The perfect duck breast can be baked for 6 minutes on the skin side and 4 minutes on the other.
- Let the duck rest for five minutes after the 10 minutes.
- To the sauce, add 20 grams of butter. Mix everything and you have orange sauce.
- The duck breast should be cut into 17 pieces. Place the orange sauce on top of the sliced duck breast.