orange and polenta cake
How to make orange and polenta cake
- Prepare The Tin Butter. Line a 10-inch spring bottom cake pan with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Make the Batter. After this, In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. You can use a hand mixer or a stand mixer to mix it. Combine the almonds with the polenta, baking powder, and sugar. Mix 2 tablespoons of this in the butter-sugar mixture. Next, add 1 egg. Continue beating until dry ingredients are incorporated. Now Mix in the orange zest, and orange blossom water, and finally pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake Bake for 50 minutes to an hour in the oven. During this time, a skewer will come out clean. After this, The edges of the cake should have started to shrink from the sides. After 15 minutes in the oven, transfer the cake to a wire cooling rack. Let cool completely on the rack.
- Mix the orange juice, icing sugar, and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. The vanilla pod should be cut in half lengthwise. Add the seeds to your pan. Let everything dissolve in the pan. Now simmer for 2-3 minutes to reduce the syrup. The syrup should thicken slightly.
- Use the syrup to coat the cake and then let it cool. Serve the cake with a drizzle of syrup and crème Fraiche. For an extra burst in color, I like to garnish the cake with a few slices of extra fresh orange.