open salmon burger
Easy to make salmon burgers with creamy dill sauce and canned salmon. This salmon burger recipe will become a family favorite. It’s healthy, delicious, and high in protein. Salmon burgers made from canned salmon are an economical way to include wild salmon in your diet.
Basic ingredients for open salmon burger
- yogurt dill sauce 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped, dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salmon burgers: 15 ounces can wild salmon
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped, dill packed Zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper Salt and to taste
- Serve with: Arugula 4 whole grains or sprouted bread
How to make open salmon burger
- Creamy Dill Sauce: first of all, In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the dill sauce. Now Season the dish with salt and pepper, and then set it aside.
- Salmon Burger: Combine salmon, onion, and red pepper with lemon zest, lemon juice, egg, and oat flour. Now Season the salmon with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. You will need to form four patties using your hands. Each burger should weigh approximately four ounces.
- Cook the burgers on a large nonstick skillet on medium heat for 4 minutes or until crisp and browned on the edges. Toast your English muffins while your burger cooks. Layer the bottom half with a handful of arugula. Then, place the salmon burger on top of your arugula. Finish by topping it with 2 tablespoons of dill sauce. Enjoy!