mushroom and asparagus risotto
Basic ingredients for mushroom and asparagus risotto
- 40g dried mushrooms (porcini works great)
- 250ml boiling hot 2 tbsp oil
- 3 garlic cloves,
- minced 2 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 onion,
- finely chopped 250g mushrooms
- 300g risotto rice
- 500ml vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp (30g), lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp (10g), nutritional yeast
- 100g asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces
- To serve: Fresh Thyme Crispy fried onions
How to make mushroom and asparagus risotto
- Place the dried mushrooms in an oiled bowl. Add 250ml boiling water. Allow them to soak for at least 30 minutes, then let them rehydrate.
- Take the rehydrated mushrooms out of the bowl and chop them into small pieces. Save the liquid for later.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic, onion, thyme, and both types of fresh and rehydrated mushrooms. Cook the onions and mushrooms for 7 minutes.
- In a separate pan, add the rice, stock, and lemon juice. Add the mushroom water, nutritional yeast, and vegan parmesan. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in the asparagus and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with fresh thyme, more Vegan Parmesan, and Crispy Fried Onions.