mini quiche recipe
Make mini quiche to serve at an Easter Brunch, Mother’s Day Party, or other special occasions. You can make one quiche batter, then change the toppings.
Basic ingredients for mini quiche recipe
- 2 ½ cups (300g) flour
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) salt
- 1 cup (240g) of butter, diced
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup (60ml) ice water
For Egg Custard:
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon (7 g) of cornstarch for lining pastry shells before filling with custard
- Leek and Swiss (makes 2)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced into thin circles
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Swiss Cheese
Salmon, Goat Cheese Dill (Makes 2)
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) shredded smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) fresh dill, minced
Spinach and Feta (Makes 2)
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) thawed frozen spinach
- 2 tsp (10ml) fresh Italian parsley
Tomato, Pesto Mozzarella (Makes 2)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) mozzarella cheese
- 2 cherry tomatoes, sliced into 4-5 wheels each
- 1 tsp (10 ml) pesto
How to make mini quiche recipe
- Pulse the butter in a small amount until it forms a coarse meal. Measure out the water and add ice cubes.
- Next, pour the water into another Pyrex pitcher and strain it. This will result in very cold water.
- Mix the egg yolks with the water and stir to combine. Slowly add the yolk mixture into the food processor, pulsing until the dough forms into a ball. Place the dough on a floured surface.
- Roll it into a disc, then wrap in wax paper. Allow to rest for at least 2 hours or overnight. After this, On a floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4″ (6mm) thickness. Turn the dough upside down onto a flat surface.
- Now Cut out a 1″ (2.5 cm) circle. Press the dough down into the tin and push it past the fluting. Continue fitting the dough into the tins and then trimming edges with a sharp blade.
- Continue this process until all the tins have been filled with the dough. After this, Place the tins on a baking tray and freeze for 15 minutes. Pre-heat oven to 350F (175C).
- Mix the egg mixture. Mix the egg filling in a bowl medium-sized or Pyrex pitcher. Add 8 eggs to the bowl and beat well.
- Add the heavy cream. Salt and pepper to taste. Now Cut the white part of the leeks into circles. Sautée the leeks in olive oil until fragrant.
- Let cool. Next, prepare the fillings. Have everything ready and measured. Take the Quiche Tin out of the freezer.
- Sprinkle a bit of cornstarch on the bottom of each pastry shell. Use a pastry brush to spread the cornstarch evenly. Add the cheese to each pastry.
- Place the cheese on the bottom. Use a Turkey Baster to add the custard to each pastry shell. This allows for great filling precision.
- Fill the container only 3/4 full. Fill the pastry with the fillings. Bake the pastry at 350F (175C), for 30 minutes, then turn up to 375F (190C), and bake for 5-7 more minutes until it is golden brown. Let cool.
- Take out of the tins immediately and either serve immediately or. Cover the quiche with foil and place it on a baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, heat at 350F (175C), for 15 minutes. Serve the quiche on 2 plates, placing a small number of microgreens, parsley, or watercress in each.