mincemeat xmas cake
This Christmas Cake is easy to make and a great alternative for a traditional heavy fruit cake. This cake can be made with a whole orange and a small jar of mincemeat. It tastes exactly like Christmas!
Basic ingredients for mincemeat xmas cake
- 115g butter
- 50gcaster sugar
- 1 small orange, with a thin peel
- 2 eggs
- 175g self-rising flour
- 1 jar mincemeat
- Decoration 175g sugar icing cold water flaked almonds
How to make mincemeat xmas cake
- Place the cut orange in a saucepan and cover it with boiling water. Boil for 30 minutes, until the skin becomes soft. Make sure the water doesn’t run out in the pan.
- Once the skin is softened, remove it from the pan. To make a chunky, texture orange sauce, place the pipless orange in a blender or processor. Next, add the butter and sugar to your food processor and blend until they are soft and pale.
- Finally, add the eggs and beat them again. Finally, fold in the flour and mincemeat. Once your cake is cooled down, you can make your icing. After this, You can add small amounts of cold water to the icing sugar to create a thick paste. Decorate your cake with flaked almonds (optional).