mincemeat and almond tart
Basic ingredients for mincemeat and almond tart
- White Flour 451g
- water 57g
- Castor Sugar 112g
- Cake margarine 12g
- Sweet Mincemeat (or shop sweet mincemeat) 1126g
- Macaroon Paste 859g
- Make macaroon paste Ingredients: Granulated sugar 451g
- Ground almonds 245g
- Ground rice 28g
- Egg yolks 155g
How to make mincemeat and almond tart
- Sieve flour into a bowl
- Mix the oil and flour. Now, add the fat to the flour. This will create a fine crumb. After this, Make a well in the middle of the mixture. Add water to the second bowl. Mix in the caster sugar.
- Mix the sugar and water into the flour. Mix the flour lightly to form a dough. Now, place the dough on a plate.
- Now form the ball. You will now need a baking sheet measuring 30x40cm and some baking paper
- Roll out the pastry using a rolling pin until it is about 3-4 mm thick on the paper. Now, dock the base. You can now place your pastry on the tray. Use a knife to trim the edges
- The tray should be placed in the freezer for 10 minutes. Fill the tray with sweet mincemeat 1126g, either homemade or purchased. Spread it evenly Put the mixture in a freezer bag until you make the macaroon paste.
- Now Mix the egg whites in a bowl. Next, add the dry ingredients to the bowl. Now you can mix the mixer on 1st speed for 5 min. Scrape down and then switch to 2nd speed for 3 minutes.
- The mincemeat is now ready for use. Take the tray out of the freezer. Spread the macaroon paste evenly on the top.
- Spread a thin layer of caster sugar evenly over the top. Now add your fake almonds. Bake at 360-380F for 25-35 minutes.
- The slice should be topped with golden syrup.
- You are now a baker! To cut them, you will need to let them cool for at least an hour. You can now mark them and cut them. This will give you 20 slices.