mary berry mince pies with crumble topping
Basic ingredients for mary berry mince pies with crumble topping
- Crumble Topping: 150g plain flour
- 85g golden caster sugar
- 85g butter chilled, cubed Icing Sugar to serve
How to make mary berry mince pies with crumble topping
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees F. Make a circle of the pastry, large enough to cover each muffin tin.
- Mix the mincemeat with the tangerine. Each pastry case should contain approximately 2 tablespoons of mincemeat.
- Make the crumble: Use a food processor to add flour, salt,t, and butter. Pulse until it resembles breadcrumbs. Alternately, you can add flour, salt, and butter to a bowl. Use your fingertips to mix the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top of each pie. Now You can freeze them for up to three months if you wrap the entire tin with clingfilm. Bake for 15-18 minutes in the oven, or 22-25 minutes if frozen, until the bread is golden brown and fully cooked.
- Sprinkle generously with icing sugar, and serve hot or cold. Maybe with Bailey’s thickened cream, which is my favorite way to eat a mince pie.