meringue wreath recipe
Basic Ingredients for meringue wreath recipe
- Three egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- One tsp imitation coconut extract
- Two and three drops of green food coloring
- Fresh fruit (use fruit with bright colors)
- Green Grapes
- Star Fruit
How to make meringue wreath recipe
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees F. Now Line two large, heavy baking sheets with parchment. Now medium speed beat the egg whites in a large, dry, and clean metal bowl until they become foamy.
- Use a metal bowl. A cream of tartar can be added. Now turn the speed up to high, and beat until you get soft peaks.
- Beat until stiff peaks are formed by adding 1 tablespoon of sugar at a time. It might take up to 5 minutes.
- Now Mix in 2-3 drops of green food coloring and coconut extract. Mix until the coloring is well combined.
- After this, Put the meringue in a pastry bag with a star tip.
- Place meringue in the center of 3-4 inch circles on a baking sheet.
- Optional: You can use a pastry bag to make a meringue bowl/circle of 3-4 inches. Instead, you can use two spoons.
- Now Bake at 225°F for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs or until the meringue is crisp and dry.
- When the meringue can be lifted from parchment paper without sticking, it is ready.
- After this, Allow the meringues to cool completely on baking sheets. Now Keep at room temperature in an airtight container. Top with fresh fruit slices just before serving.