mary berry malted milk chocolate cake
Basic Ingredients for mary berry malted milk chocolate cake
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- One cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered malted milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered malted milk
- 1 – 2 tbsp Heavy cream or milk
- 1-2 tbsp 1/2 tsp vanilla
Optional: a pinch of salt 1 box Whoppers malted Milk Balls Candy for Filling and Topping, 1/2 of the balls were used for the filling.
How do you make mary berry malted milk chocolate cake
- Use a hand mixer to whip butter and sugar together until they are light and fluffy. This should take about 3-5 minutes. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Add buttermilk. Mix thoroughly.
- In the wet mixture, add all-purpose flour, malted Milk Powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Just mix until well combined.
- Divide the batter between two eight-inch round pans. Line the bottom with parchment paper and grease the sides of the pan with baking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-28 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes clean. After inverting the cake from the pan, let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place the wrapped cake in plastic wrap. Now They can be kept in the freezer until they are needed.
- To make the chocolate ganache, heat heavy whipping cream in a microwave for 45-60 seconds until it is very hot. Stir the hot cream into the chopped chocolate and then stir it until the chocolate is melted. After this, cool to room temperature and then place in the refrigerator.
- Make frosting by beating butter for 5 minutes until it is light and fluffy. Next, add the malted milk powder and powdered sugar 1 cup at a.
- To make the frosting more spreadable, add vanilla and cream. If desired, add a pinch of salt.
How to make the cake:-
- Mix the chocolate ganache until it is smooth and spreadable.
- Place one piece of thawed cake onto the board. Spread the whipped chocolate glaze. If desired, pipe a ring with the prepared frosting around the edges.
- Sprinkle with crushed malted milk balls. Top it with more chocolate ganache.
- Add another slice of cake to the top. Frost the entire cake with frosting. You can also do a crumb coating and let it cool before frosting the second layer.
- Sprinkle chocolate ganache over the top. Pipe rosettes around the edges. Decorate the bottom however you like.
- Sprinkle some Malted chocolate milk balls on top of the chocolate Ganache. Enjoy this mary berry malted milk chocolate cake.