luxury chicken casserole
It’s a homemade Chicken Casserole made with potatoes and mixed vegetables in a thick Chicken Sauce. This is a healthy, mid-week meal that’s great for your health.
Basic ingredients for luxury chicken casserole
- 1 tbsp olive oils
- 450g chicken legs
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stick sticks, thickly chopped
- 2 carrots, cut in 2cm (3/4in),
- 600g (1lb6oz) potatoes
- 2 level tbsp Plain Flour
- 350 MLS (2/3 of a Pint) Hot chicken stock
How to make luxury chicken casserole
- In a large, oven-proof saucepan heat oil. Season the chicken pieces, and cook for 10 minutes. Set aside. Drain the fat from the pan. It should contain approximately 75ml (3fl oz). Only 1 tbsp of oil should be returned to the pan.
- Pre-heat oven to 200oC (180oC fan) marks 6. Cook the onions, celery, and carrots in a pan for 5-10min. Stir frequently. Mix in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the stock. After this, Season the potatoes with salt and pepper, then add the browned chicken back to the pan.
- Bring the casserole to a boil. After this, Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. The sauce should be piping hot and thickened. Enjoy with crusty bread.