mary berry lime cream cheesecake
My new favorite spring dessert is this Key Lime Pie Cheesecake! This is a great recipe for Easter and Mother’s Day. It’s easy to make the day before and it’s delicious!
Basic Ingredients for mary berry lime cream cheesecake
- 4.5 oz chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt – pinch
- 3 tbsp butter, melt
- 16 oz of whipped cheese cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp (15g flour)1 14-oz (440 ml) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (120ml) key lime juice (about 12–13 key limes + 1 additional key lime for garnish)
- 2 cups (480 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tbsp (11.3 g) powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
How do you make mary berry lime cream cheesecake
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (176C). Spray a springform pan with baking spray. After this, Use a pastry brush to distribute the mixture evenly. In a food processor, combine the sugar, salt, and cookies.
- Blend until you get crumbs. Continue to process until you get wet crumbs. Transfer the crumbs to a springform pan. Shake the pan to level them.
- Then, press the crumbs into the tin using a measuring cup or bottom of a glass. Bake the crust for 5-6 minutes, or until it becomes fragrant. Let cool.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, and an electric mixer. Beat on high until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a while, adding them one by one. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Then add flour, beating until well combined. Spread the cheesecake filling onto cooled cookie crust. Smoothen out with a spatula until layers are level. Set aside.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk with egg yolks, key lime juice, and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Place the key lime mixture over the cheesecake mixture. Make sure that you cover all of the cream cheese with pie filling. Use a spatula to smoothen the mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350F (176C) until cheesecake is set. Let cool completely Combine heavy cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer to make the whipped cream topping. Mix on high speed until you get stiff peaks.
- Transfer to a bag fitted with a round tip. Pipe small dollops of whipped topping over the cheesecake, until it is covered. Add fresh lime zest to the top, and a thinly sliced lime wheel in the middle. Allow chilling overnight before serving.