mary berry lemon tart tatin
Tarte Tatin is a famous dessert. The Tatin sisters are responsible for the name of the classic upside-down caramel apple tart. Tart Solognote was the name of the French favorite dish at Hotel Tatin. The famous Tart Tatin dish was only made popular by the sisters after their deaths. This video shows the Tart Tatin recipe that I made at Buckingham Palace for Queen Elizabeth II and her guests. The tart Tatin is a delicious caramelized apple dessert that’s topped with buttery, melt-in-your-mouth pastry and topped with brandy-infused whipped cream and caramel sauce.
Basic ingredients for mary berry lemon tart tatin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1/4 Cup Lard
- 3 Tbs Cold Water
- 2 lb Granny Smith apples peeled, sliced
- 1/2 stick butter Zest and juice
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 TBS brandy
How to make mary berry lemon tart tatin
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare the base by mixing the butter and lard in the flour, then add the water.
- After this, Allow the mixture to cool for at least an hour before adding the oil.
- Now Bring the sugar and water to boil in a heavy-based saucepan. Once it has boiled, whisk it and boil it until it turns golden brown and caramel-colored.
- After this, Put about 1/3 of the mixture into a 9-inch cake pan. Let it cool. Now Allow the caramel to cool in the pan by adding about 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare the apples by melting butter in a pan and then adding the sugar, lemon zest, and juice. Allow the apples to cook for 5 minutes, or until they begin to soften.
- Place the apples in a pattern on the cake tin. Top with the remaining apples. The paste should be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the caramel bubbles around the edges of your paste. After this, Place the pan in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve the caramel sauce on top of the apples with Chantilly cream.
- Mix 1 cup cream with 1/4 cup sugar to a stiff consistency. Add 2 TBS brandy or until you like it. Enjoy this mary berry lemon tart tatin.