mary berry lemon puff biscuits
Easy and delicious lemon custard cream puff pastry recipe. Only a few ingredients are required.
Basic ingredients for mary berry lemon puff biscuits
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup (30g) sugar 3
- 3 Tbsp (20g), corn starch
- 1 cup (220ml) milk zest from 1 lemon juice of 1/2 lemon 1 package of store-bought puff pastry (2 sheets). Powdered sugar (optional).
How to make mary berry lemon puff biscuits
- Mix egg yolk, sugar, and corn starch in a saucepan. Mix in milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Transfer the saucepan to the stove. Now Cook on medium heat until the custard thickens. Place the custard in a container and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Cut the puff pastry into 6 pieces using a pizza cutter. Make 6 slits in the first piece. Brush the non-cut side with butter. The sheet can be folded in half. Spread lemon custard cream on the other side. Press the sides together to secure them.
- Transfer the pastries onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle some sugar on top and brush each pastry with a little water. 5. Bake for 25-30 mins or until golden
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional).