mary berry lemon polenta cake
This cake is deliciously buttery, fruity, and fresh. You will be tempted to eat more of the fresh lemon flavor. This cake can also be made with oranges. This is a variation on the traditional cake. It uses almond meal and polenta to make it. This cake is easy to make for beginners. This cake is crumbly and can easily be broken. If you follow the above recipe, it will make a great cake that holds its shape. I have restricted the use of butter, eggs and this recipe is just right if you want to try new things but don’t have many ingredients. It will satisfy your sweet tooth.
Basic Ingredients for mary berry lemon polenta cake
- Butter 120 g
- Caster Sugar 100g
- Egg 2
- Buttermilk 50ml
- Polenta (Cornmeal), 100 g
- Ground Almond 100g
- Baking Powder 3/4 tsp
How do you make mary berry lemon polenta cake
- Line an 8-inch cake pan with grease. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Mix the Polenta, ground almond, and baking powder and leave it to cool.
- Wet Ingredients: Combine the butter with the caster sugar until pale.
- After this, Mix in the eggs one by one and mix well. Mix the buttermilk with the dry ingredients. Start with the dry and work your way up. Mix 1/3 of the dry ingredients with buttermilk. Continue this process until you have finished the buttermilk and all dry ingredients.
- Mix in the rind of one lemon (approx. Fold in 1 teaspoon. Bake the batter in a cake pan for about 30-40 minutes, or until a skewer is inserted cleanly. Make the syrup Heat the juice of one lemon (40 ml) and 80 grams of sugar in a saucepan until it dissolves.
- Place the cake on a plate. Let the syrup sit on the cake for at least a couple of hours before you serve it.