lemon pesto chicken salad
Why are chicken cutlets the best protein for grilling? Two reasons are why I think chicken cutlets are so great for grilling: they cook quickly and they retain their delicious flavor. Today’s recipe is a lemon-marinated chicken accompanied by a super-fresh, herby salad. This summery, bright meal is healthier than it sounds and even easier to prepare! This delicious dinner will give you a healthy start to your week. Sarah’s Tip: Use organic citrus when you can. Conventional lemons and limes have waxy coatings that can affect the flavor of your dish. These are not available in your area market. Scrub your produce before zesting.
Basic ingredients for lemon pesto chicken salad
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest,
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice,
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed into a paste
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil, divided Salt, pepper
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 half-cup basil leaves Shaved Parmigiana Toasted pine nuts
How to make lemon pesto chicken salad
- Mix lemon zest, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss in the chicken cutlets. Grill the chicken.
- Mix basil and parsley. Dress with 2 tablespoons olive oils, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Serve the chicken with herb salad and Parmesan.