lemon drizzle cake with yoghurt
Basic ingredients forlemon drizzle cake with yoghurt
- 3 cups (496g) of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (9g), baking powder
- zest of 2 limes
- The Wet Ingredients are 8 ounces (226g), unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups (356g), granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup (2250g) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Garnishes:fresh berries, confectioner’s sugar, shredded sweetened coconut, whipped cream
How to make lemon drizzle cake with yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/170°C. Butter a 9-inch (23 cm), springform pan. Mix the dry ingredients in a. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix the butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in a separate bowl until well combined. Mix in the eggs.
- Mix in the yogurt until well combined. Add the baking soda and lemon juice to the batter. Mix the flour mixture with the lemon juice in 2 or 3 batches until it is well combined.
- Bake the batter in the prepared pan for approximately 1 hour and 10 mins. When a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, or with some moist crumbs attached, then the cake is done.
- Let the cake cool before transferring it to a plate. Sprinkle the top with confectioner sugar, and then serve it with fresh berries and whipped cream.
- Notes: If the cake browns too quickly, cover it loosely with foil.
- Make a Lemon Glaze topping by combining 1 cup confectioner’s sugar and 3-4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
- Mix them until smooth. The glaze can be drizzled over the cake once it has cooled.