mary berry lemon drizzle cake aga
Basic ingredients for mary berry lemon drizzle cake aga
- 1 cup (8oz/225g), Unsalted Butter (at Room Temperature)
- 1 1/4 cups (8oz/225g) Caster Sugar
- 1 3/4 cups (8oz/225g), Self-Raising Flour
- 4 Eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- To make the lemon drizzle, juice
- 1 1/2 Lemons
- 6 tablespoons (85g/3oz) Caster Sugar
How to make mary berry lemon drizzle cake aga
- Pre-Heat oven to 180°C/360°F
- Combine 225g butter with 225g caster sugar. Now Butter must be at room temperature and not salted.
- After the mixture has become creamy, add four eggs and mix slowly.
- Mix in 225g of self-raising flour.
- Mix the grated zest from 1 lemon with the flour.
- Line a loaf pan (8cm x21cm) with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the ingredients and shake it from side to side until you get the right consistency.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Place a thin skewer in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean, then the cake is baked.
- To make the drizzle, combine the juice of 1 1/2 Lemon with 85g of Caster sugar.
- Use a skewer to poke the warm cake all around.
- Sprinkle the juice over the top of your load. It will form a beautiful sugar coating.