mary berry lemon buttercream
Basic ingredients for mary berry lemon buttercream
- 3/4 cup sugar granulated
- 2 Tbsp lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp +7 tsp 4 EA egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt fine, if possible
- 3/4 lb butter unsalted
How to make mary berry lemon buttercream
- First of all, Bring water to a large boil in a saucepan. Remember to Make sure the bowl is not touching the water.
- Combine sugar, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, salt, and egg whites in a stand mixer bowl. Now If you have the cream of tartar, add a little.
- Mix everything by hand and place the bowl in the saucepan of simmering water.
- Continue stirring until the mixture has reached room temperature and the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Use the whisk attachment to beat the whites until stiff peaks form, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Begin adding the soft butter one at a time. Let each addition blend before adding more.
- Continue to mix. Continue to whisk. The mixture will appear curdled and deflated before it is reassembled and becomes smooth and spreadable.
- Slowly drizzle in any flavorings, such as vanilla extract, juice, or puree.
- You can use the icing immediately or refrigerate it and then use it after beating.