lemon and thyme chicken
Simple Weeknight Lemon Thyme and White Wine Chicken Recipe. This recipe makes great use of a one-pot chicken recipe. Pan-frying in cast iron and then braising in the oven creates a succulent, moist chicken with crisp skin. It almost tastes like chicken piccata.
Basic ingredients for lemon and thyme chicken
- 4 chicken thighs skin-on and bone-in Salt and pepper to taste
- 120g (about4) shallots,
- half lemon,
- 3 cloves garlic,
- diced 3 cloves,
- smashed 5 sprigs of thyme
- 30mL (2 Tbsp), olive oil
- 125mL (1/2 cup) white wine
- 175mL (1 cup) chicken stock
How to make lemon and thyme chicken
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Season the chicken with salt & pepper. Over high heat, heat a heavy-based pan or dutch oven.
- Now The chicken should be cooked for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until it is golden.
- The shallots and garlic, as well as the garlic, lemon, and thyme, should be added to the pan.
- Make sure the lemon slices are at the bottom. Cook the wine in the pan for 30 seconds. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a spoon. Bring to boil the stock. Bake in the oven for between 30- and 35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken with rice, couscous, or roasted vegetables.