mary berry lemon and elderflower drizzle cake
Basic ingredients for mary berry lemon and elderflower drizzle cake
- 175g butter
- 175g caster Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 175g Self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Drizzled: 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp Elderflower cordial Juice: 1 lemon Icing is 55g icing sugar and sifted Drops of elderflower cordial
How tto make mary berry lemon and elderflower drizzle cake
- First of all, Preheat the oven to 170°C/350°f/Gas Mark.
- Line a loaf tin 2lb with grease.
- Combine butter and sugar.
- Mix eggs one at a time. Beat between each addition. Add self-rising flour and baking powder. Mix in milk.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a prepared loaf pan.
- Drizzle:In a saucepan, heat the cordial, lemon juice, and caster sugar until they are dissolved into a syrup.
- Serve warm syrup right over the cake, while it is still warm from the oven. Allow cooling in the tin.
- Ice:Combine icing sugar with a drop elderflower cordial.
- After the cake has cooled, take it out of the loaf tin. Pour the icing on top. If you wish, decorate the cake with lemon slices.