leek and potato gratin
Make a delicious side dish with our ham and leek potato gratin recipe You can’t go wrong with creamy layers of thinly-sliced potatoes and golden cheddar cheese.
Basic ingredients for leek and potato gratin
- 8 brushed potatoes.
- Chop 2 garlic cloves.
- Thinly slice 1 leek.
- Pale section only.
- 1 cup (120g), coarsely grated cheddar 1/2 cup (125ml), thickened cream 1/3 Cup (80g), sour cream 1/4 Cup (60ml), chicken stock
How to make leek and potato gratin
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Oil a 6-cup (1.55L) ovenproof dish. Place one-third of the potato into the prepared dish. Add half of the ham, garlic onion, leek, and thyme. Sprinkle with one-third of the cheddar. Layer with remaining potato, ham, and garlic. Add onion, leek, and thyme to the dish. Finish with cheddar and potato.
- In a bowl, combine the cream, stock, and sour cream. Season. The cream mixture should be carefully poured over the potato mixture.
- Bake for one hour, or until the sauce thickens. The potato should be tender and golden brown.
- Allow the potato gratin to rest for 10 minutes before you serve it.