mary berry italian meringue buttercream
Basic ingredients for mary berry italian meringue buttercream
- 6 Egg whites ( ROOM TIME)
- 300g Sugar (1 1/2 cups)
- 300g Soft Butter (2 1/2 STICKS),
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract ( Use good quality)
- 85g Water (3 ounces)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cream of tartar
How to make mary berry italian meringue buttercream
- NOTE: If you don’t like eggs or would rather have a caramel cake with frosting, you can make either my regular buttercream frosting, my stabilized Mascarpone whipped cream, or cream cheese frosting.
- Additional information about this frosting: Let the sugar dissolve before bringing it to a boil.
- Allow it to boil for about 2-3 minutes. Do not boil the mixture for more than 2 minutes and stir frequently. Use a thermometer to ensure that the mixture does not exceed 120 degrees celsius.
- You can make this frosting with butter or a combination of butter and margarine. Check the fat percentage of margarine if you’re using it. It should have a fat percentage similar to butter. Remember This frosting can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator, unless it is summer. If the frosting doesn’t turn out exactly as you expected, don’t get discouraged. Although it takes patience and practice, once you know how to make it it is very easy.