italian chicken with olives
This delicious dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a date night. This dish is easy to make, but so delicious that you could have it every night. Alessandro loves to make Pollo Olive e Capperi, which is one of our favorite dishes.
Basic ingredients for italian chicken with olives
- One kg of Hicken Herbs (rosemary, thyme) and one clove of garlic (if you marinate the chicken overnight)
- One clove garlic
- Bit of flour
- Ten-gram butter Extra virgin olive oil A glass of white wine
- 20g caper seeds
- 60g black olives
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- Pinch of parsley
- Salt and pepper
How to make italian chicken with olives
- Let the chicken marinate overnight in rosemary, thyme, garlic cloves, extra virgin olive oils, salt, and pepper.
- Now Place a skillet on the stove over high heat. Add some butter and olive oil. Place the chicken on the floured side and coat it with flour.
- To get crispy chicken, let the chicken cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side. Now Turn the chicken and fry the other side. If you didn’t marinate the chicken overnight, season it with salt and pepper.
- Place the glass of white wine into the pan. Let the alcohol evaporate for a few seconds.
- Mix the chopped garlic, capers, and roughly mashed black olives (no stones), and cover the pan with a lid.
- The tomatoes can be cut in four and added to the pan.
- The chicken should be cooked on low heat for 30 minutes with the lid closed. Now Every once in a while, check that the chicken doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Make sure the chicken is tender and taste it. If necessary, you can add salt and pepper to make it more flavorful. This dish can be served with roasted vegetables, for example. Enjoy this italian chicken with olives.