honey and almond cake
Basic ingredients for honey and almond cake
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Ingredients for Topping:1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp heavy whipped cream
- 1-1/4 cups sliced almonds
- 1/2-tsp cinnamon
How to make honey and almond cake
- Prepare a 9-10-inch pan with butter and heat the oven to 400°F. Set aside 6 tablespoons of butter to melt.
- Mix sugar, vanilla, eggs, and milk with a mixer at medium speed for 4-8 minutes until the mixture becomes pale and creamy. Now Mix flour, baking powder, and salt into the mixture. Don’t overmix! Add the heavy cream and melted butter to the mixture.
- Place batter in prepared pan. Smoothen the top. After this, Baked for fifteen to twenty minutes until the top is golden browned and the middle is not jiggly. When the cake is baking, make the topping. After baking the cake for about 15-20 minutes, don’t turn off the oven. In a saucepan, melt butter. Add honey, heavy cream, and almonds to the butter. Mix all ingredients and bring to boil.
- Now Spread the topping on top of the partially baked cake. Bake the cake for another 8-12 minutes or until the almonds look browned, but not too dark to appear burnt. Allow the topping to set for a few minutes while the cake is still in its pan. Now Allow cooling in the pan before cutting.