heavenly potato gratin
Before being baked, thinly sliced potatoes are mixed with butter, cream, and tons of cheese.
Basic ingredients for heavenly potato gratin
- 3 ounces Butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 5 cups thinly cut Yukon golden potatoes
How to make heavenly potato gratin
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the garlic to the butter and stir for 1 minute. Mix in the cornstarch, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Now Slowly add the milk to the saucepan and bring it to a boil. Stirring constantly, cook the sauce until it thickens, about 2-3 minutes. After this, Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese and then remove from heat. Add the potatoes.
- Now Transfer the mixture to a 2-quart baking dish coated in cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Bake for another 30-45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Allow cooling in the oven for 5-10 minutes before removing it.