mary berry hazelnut meringue cake recipe
Basic ingredients for mary berry hazelnut meringue cake recipe
- 240gram dark chocolate
- 180gram unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 eggs (separate the egg and egg yolk )
- 90 g of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50gram All-purpose flour (sifted)
- 400gram toasted hazelnut (earth )
Ingredients to the Meringue (shirt ):
- 200gram granulated sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 25 g cocoa powder, sifted (leave extra for dusting)
How do you make mary berry hazelnut meringue cake recipe
- melt dark chocolate and butter over simmering water (be cautious that your pot of chocolate and butter shouldn’t be touching the water, we’re using the steam to gently and slowly melt the chocolate mixture) After it’s melted, set it aside to cool.
- Beat in medium-low rate until fluffy and light (twice in size)
- Following the egg mixture has doubled in size the chocolate mixture needs to be trendy right now. Combine the egg mixture & chocolate mixture and mix well.
- In another bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and soil hazelnut. Next, talk the flour mixture over the egg mix. Twist to combine well.
- move the mixture into a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at the over for 170 degrees Celcius for about 30-35 minutes.
- While waiting for the chocolate cake bake, let us focus on the meringue!
- Beat the remaining 4 egg whites at a low speed until the soft summit.
- Add in the sugar gradually (do not rush in)
- Insert vinegar and then beat for another 2-3 mins before meringue turns glossy.
- once it’s completed, sift the cocoa powder on the meringue. Twist to combine well.
- When the chocolate cake is out of the oven, then pour the meringue on the chocolate cake, spread it at the top evenly.
- Pop it into the again to bake for another 20-25 mins at 150 degrees Celcius.
Voila! There you have it, a rich and moist chocolate cake with crunchy meringue at the top. Enjoy!