mary berry harissa chicken
Basic ingredients for mary berry harissa chicken
- Harissa Spice Paste: 1 cup dried red chilies, soaked six cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole chicken cut into 8 pieces
- Salt as needed
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp Harissa paste
- 1 tsp Olive oil or vegetable oils for frying Mint leaves
How to make mary berry harissa chicken
- The soaked red chilies should be ground in a mixer/grinder until it forms a fine paste. Add lightly toasted coriander and fennel seeds, cumin seed powder, and garlic to the mixture.
- Make a smooth paste by adding olive oil and salt. Make a paste.
- In a bowl mix 2 tbsp. Mix the harissa paste with chicken. Add salt and lemon juice. Now Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
- Place the chicken in a large skillet and heat oil. The marination oil can be used to brush the chicken pieces.
- Cook the chicken pieces evenly on all sides for 20 min. Turn off the heat and garnish with mint leaves or lemon. Harissa Chicken is ready for you to eat!