gingerbread men recipe
Gingerbread cookies are made from the old-fashioned recipe. Grab your favorite cookie cutter and create this traditional Christmas treat. These can be cut into gingerbread men or any other shape you choose.
Basic Ingredients for gingerbread men recipe
- Softened 6 tablespoons of salted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed tightly
- 1/3 cup dark molasses
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
How do you make gingerbread men recipe
- Cream butter and brown sugar with a stand mixer or hand mixer until they are fluffy. Add the molasses and egg. Mix in the cinnamon, ginger, allspice cloves, cloves, baking soda, salt, and scrape downsides. Mix in the flour and stir until it is well combined.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. After this, Use parchment paper to line a baking sheet.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. To cut cookies, use a gingerbread man cookie cutter or other shapes. Place the cut cookies 1 to 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. You can roll the dough again until you are done cutting cookies.
- Bake for between 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow to cool on a pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Let cool completely (about 30 mins) before decorating.