Basic ingredients for fruit meringue
- 3 large egg whites at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar Assembly
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla Extract
- 1 cup fresh mixed berries
How to make fruit meringue
- Preheat the oven to 300 F. Trace six circles using a marker on parchment paper. Flip the paper onto a baking tray.
- First, whip the cream of tartar and egg whites on low speed. Now Once the whites have foamed, increase speed and gradually add the sugar to the bowl while whipping. Now Keep whipping the whites until they reach a stiff peak with beaters.
- Pipe the meringue into a large star tip piping bag. Fill the bag with the meringue, and then pipe circles along the lines on the parchment. Pipe a meringue ring on the outside edge of the parchment, creating the nest effect. The meringue will spiral up to 2 inches above the base.
- Place the meringues in the oven. Now reduce the oven temperature to 275 F. Bake for forty-five to sixty-five minutes. This timing will depend on the outside temperature and humidity. Meringues may take longer if they are hot or humid. Bake the meringues until they are brown. Now Allow the meringues to cool completely on a baking tray. Then, gently lift them to place in an airtight container.
- For assemble, whip the cream until it reaches soft peaks. Add the sugar and vanilla to the cream. On each plate, place a birds’ nest. After this, Dollop the cream in the middle of the nest. Top with berries. Serve immediately 6. You can bake the meringues up to one day ahead, but you should assemble them immediately after baking.