mary berry fruit crumble recipe
This apple crumbles recipe features a Christmas twist with cinnamon, making it even more festive. You can use the crumble recipe for any fruit, just leave out the cinnamon to make a plain crumble.
Basic ingredients for mary berry fruit crumble recipe
- Two Granny Smith Apple
- Two Pink Lady Apples
- 175gram Caster sugar Juice Of Half A lemon
- Half Tsp Lemon zest
- Half Tsp Cinnamon powder
- 50ml water
- crumble: 200g Plain Flour
- 125g salted butter make sure it is cold
- 150g Caster sugar
- Half Tsp cinnamon powder
How to make mary berry fruit crumble recipe
- Preheat the oven to 625 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut the apples into small pieces.
- Add the chopped apples, lemon juice, lemon zest, and cinnamon powder to a saucepan.
- Mix the ingredients well. After this, Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat. To reduce the liquid and make a glaze, cook the apples for between 8-10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, the apples should be half-cooked and have a sticky glaze.
- Place the mixture in an oven-proof dish.
- Now add the flour and cold butter to a separate bowl. Use a food processor or a fork to make a fine breadcrumb consistency. Remember Do not use your hands, as heat can melt butter and cause it to become dry.
- Mix in the butter. Now add the caster sugar, and cinnamon powder and mix again. Combine well, and then cover the apples with the mixture.
- You don’t need to use all the crumble mixture. Bake at the gas mark 6 for 25 minutes. Serve with custard, ice cream, or crème.