mary berry french orange cake
Basic ingredients for mary berry french orange cake
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar (caster sugar),
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup finely grated blood Orange zest
- 1 cup baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt pinch ground cinnamon Syrup
- 1/2 cup blood orange juices
- 1/2 cups sugar (caster sugar)
How to make mary berry french orange cake
- First of all, Pre-heat your oven to 350 F and then grease a 9-inch (92.3 cm) springform pan.
- Stir the butter and milk until it melts. Pour this mixture over the cornmeal and whisk. It will thicken quickly. Now Mix in the sugar, then add the eggs one by one, whisking between each addition. Add the zest.
- Mix the almond meal with the baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Add this to the batter and stir until well blended.
- After this, Bake this batter in the prepared pan for 45 minutes.
- Bring the sugar and blood orange juice to a boil. After this, the cake is still warm from the oven, use a skewer to poke holes and then pour the syrup over it. It will quickly soak in.
- Before serving, let the cake cool to room temperature. The cake can be kept at room temperature, wrapped well, for three days.