mary berry frangipane tarts
Basic ingredients for mary berry frangipane tarts
- For the sweet crust pastry: two hundred grams of plain flour
- Hundred grams butter
- 60g icing sugar
- 2 egg yolk
- A little milk if needed
- For the filling:1 jar of cherry jam
- 200g cherries (stones removed)
- 100ml brandy
- 195g sugar
- 195g butter
- 195g ground almonds
- 4 1/2 tbsp plain flour
How to make mary berry frangipane tarts
- Pastry: Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas 5.
- Butter the tart pan.
- Use your fingers to mix the 195g butter with the 195g plain flour.
- Add the 60g sieved sugar and the 2 eggs yolks.
- Mix the mixture with some milk to form a ball.
- Let the mixture cool in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Now Roll out the pastry onto a floured board.
- Push the edges of the flan into the tin.
- Do not trim the edges. Do not trim the edges.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Place the cherries on top of the jam, pushing down gently
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean
- Serve with a few of the leftover cherries and a little vanilla ice cream.